At Bloc Digital Talent, we require all of our contractors to hold appropriate insurances as part of their contract with us. As a limited company contractor, you have certain responsibilities and it is important to ensure you are protected against any unforeseen eventualities.
We know that arranging the right cover can often be a complex and time-consuming task, particularly in the engineering, oil & gas and offshore sectors. A company that many of our limited company contractors use is Kingsbridge Professional Solutions (KPSol) who can offer you access to a business insurance package that that is designed specifically for contractors.
The KPSol package includes all of the following insurances, which means you only need one quote and one policy to cover your main exposures and meet your contractual obligations:
- Professional indemnity - provides cover for legal defence costs and damages awarded against you if you are accused of professional negligence, making an error or omission, or giving bad advice which results in your client losing money.
- Public liability - provides cover if someone is injured or property is damaged as a result of your actions while carrying out your job. Whether you are on your own premises or at a client's site, you have a duty to protect anyone who might be affected by your activities. If you fail to do this, you may have to pay substantial compensation
- Employers’ liability - provides protection against claims from employees. As a contractor employing just yourself or yourself and your spouse, the likelihood of any claims is clearly negligible. However, many contractors do hold the policy because it is typically required by recruitment agencies and end clients. It also helps to show that you are operating a ‘genuine business’ for IR35 purposes.
Key benefits of the KPSol package include:
- Just one comprehensive policy removes all the complications of purchasing insurance separately
- Instant access to policy documents
- Online solution available 24/7/365
- Cover for previous work
- Price promise guarantee, with a wide range of payment options
We also offer specific/specialist insurances for contractors working in sectors such as engineering, oil and gas, and offshore sectors.
Get in touch
If you would like discuss your business insurance arrangements in more detail then please get in touch with the KPSol Client Services Team by calling 01242 808 740 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can obtain a quote online.
You could still benefit from a KPSol insurance package. Get in touch today and you could reduce your premium payments when renewal is due.
KPSol is a third party insurance supplier and is not part of Bloc Digital Talent.