It's all about the mindset! My top 10 tips on getting ahead in recruitment...
Too often these days in the workplace, we look around to find reasons or excuses as to why we are not successful. But the painful truth is that the real reasons come from within. Now, I appreciate we are influenced by our environment, our peers and of course our boss. However, do we ever really look deep inside? Can we put our hands on our heart and say “I have given it my all”?
All too frequently, the answer is ‘no’ and therefore this is where the root of the problem lies. The good news is that the solution to that problem is within easy reach.
So here are my top 10 tips for adopting the right mindset for getting ahead in recruitment:
1. Be your own best friend, not your own worst enemy! Constantly tell yourself just how good you are and the potential you know you possess.
2. Tackle every day with belief; the belief that you are talented and that you are destined for great success. Don’t just think it - believe it!
3. Embrace the fact you are already successful. The fact you are sitting at your desk demonstrates somebody has a lot of faith in you!
4. Have conviction in what you’re doing and the path you have chosen. A half-hearted approach to anything will only deliver half-hearted results, so always try to go the extra mile.
5. Recognise that immediate impact is rare. The day you plant the seed is not the day you eat the fruit.
6. Don’t dwell on a negative environment and let it drag you down. Instead, rise up and be the change you want to witness.
7. Recognise as soon as possible that you only get out what you put in recruitment isn’t a profession that rewards ‘average’.
8. Glean from others but don’t mimic. We are all individuals, take advice and adopt your own style, that way you will be far more confident in your delivery.
9. Don’t hide behind excuses. The only thing that is preventing you from achievement is you.
10. Genuinely believe you can making a difference. Moving jobs is one of the top three most stressful things we can do in life, and by facilitating and helping this move, you’re changing lives.
Remember these are my thoughts, my beliefs; they will not suit or resonate with everyone - nor do I intend them to. However, take from them what you will, adopt your own positive mindset and approach to your everyday life. You never know, you may even surprise yourself!
If you’d like to join our team, please get in touch!